Thank you for showing an interest in PROTON - INSPIRING CONNECTIONS' products and services.
The BASIC WARRANTY COVERAGE is a comprehensive package intended to provide excellent after-sales care and support.
All parts from PROTON - INSPIRING CONNECTIONS are covered by the BASIC WARRANTY COVERAGE.
Proton vehicles have a basic warranty period of 5 years from the date of first registration or 150,000 kilometers, whichever comes first.
All Parts used in Proton vehicles are 100% genuine installed by our authorized 3S Dealers nationwide. These parts are also covered by company backed warranty that acts as a buffer against all defects, breakdowns and malfunctioning for a period of 6 months from the day of purchase or 10000km depending on whichever occurs first.
The following items are covered under specific terms and conditions of warranty, where the Basic Warranty Coverage mentioned above would not apply. The variation in the warranty coverage for specific items of components or class of components takes into account the ordinary wear and tear caused by the usage, operations and functionality:
1. The following components are covered by warranty for 10 years from the date of vehicle's first registration or 250,000 km, whichever occurs first:
1.1. POWER WINDOW SYSTEM
1.1.1. Power window regulator
1.1.2. Power window switches
1.1.3. Power window motor
1.1.4. Power window run channel
2. Due to specific nature such as normal wear and tear in operations, the following components are specifically NOT COVERED above 3 years from the date of first registration or 100,000km, whichever occurs first,:
High Tension leads/cables, all cables including wiring harness, all hoses and tubes, clamps & clips, engine mountings, oil pan, piston rings, oil seals, core plugs, breathers, turbocharger assembly, sensors and bearings.
All PROTON Genuine Parts purchased by customers from PROTON Service Branches or its Authorised Service Dealers are warranted from defects on material for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase or 10,000 km travelled, whichever occurs first (the Warranty Period). The replacement of PROTON Genuine Parts during the Warranty Period is warrantable until the expiry of the vehicle Warranty Period.
1. Vehicles that have not undergone the periodical service maintenance as specified in the Service Booklet.
2. Any service carried out by non-authorised Proton dealerships or service centres.
3. Repairs and adjustments caused by improper maintenance or lack of required service maintenance against those specified in the service booklet, Proton owner's manual and Proton workshop manuals.
4. Repairs and adjustments caused by misuse (i.e. racing, overloading vehicle operation and handling against proper use), accident, negligence, modification, alteration, tampering, disconnection of wiring or components, and improper adjustments or repairs.
5. Repairs and adjustments caused by use of any non-genuine parts, lubricants or additives that are not approved by Proton.
6. The replacement of wear and tear parts under normal periodic service maintenance such as spark plugs, timing belts (including front end auxiliary drive belts), wiper blades, brake lining and pads, clutches, light bulbs, fuses, filters, refrigerant gas, receiver drier, lubricants and fluids are not covered when they are replaced as a maintenance service ordinarily required with vehicle use, except in cases where these parts are replaced as a result of a clearly discernible defect in material or workmanship.
7. The labour, parts and/or lubricant costs of service maintenance such as diagnostic check, engine tune up, cooling system and fuel system cleaning, carbon and sludge removal, inspection and adjustment of brake, clutch, timing belt, front end auxiliary drive belt and linkage of various parts, wheel alignment, wheel balancing, tyre rotation, light bulb and highlight adjustment and other similar service maintenance ordinarily associated with vehicle use.
8. Any cosmetic or surface corrosion caused by stone chips or scratches in the paint, wear and tear or normal deterioration such as discoloration, fading, deformation or blurring.
9. Damage or surface corrosion from the environment such as acid rain, airborne fall-out chemicals reaction for instance sea water influences along the coast, tree sap, salt, hail, windstorms, lightning, floods, bird droppings, industrial emission, industrial dust deposits, pollen and other acts of God.
10. Unauthorised alteration, disruption or change to the vehicle's odometer that may cause the vehicle's mileage reading to be inaccurate or may not be ascertained.
11. Any damage to glass such as breakage, scratches, edge finish chipping or optical distortion due to anything other than defect in material or workmanship or is conclusively proven to be due to manufacturing defect.
12. Incidental and consequential damages including but not limited to telephone calls, taxi or car rental charges, vehicle towing, fuel, hotel bills, loss of time, and inconvenience or commercial loss.
13. Defects resulting from the distributor's improper storage arrangement, absence of proper maintenance and general services, and defects discovered after you had inspected and acknowledged receipt of your new vehicle during process of delivery.
14. Defect in equipment, devices and accessories other than those specified and fixed to the vehicle by Proton, and any new defects resulted from the use of such unspecified equipment, devices and accessories.
15. Any changes occurring to your vehicle over a period of time under normal use such as slight irregularities not recognised as affecting quality or function of the vehicle or part, functional phenomena, and defects appearing only under particular or irregular operations. Note: Typical examples of "slight irregularities not recognised as affecting quality or function of the vehicle or part functional phenomena" are as follows: - Leakage of oil or other fluids near oil seals, packing and joints too slight to affect a decrease in the specified amount of fluid - Slight noise or negligible vibration not affecting vehicle operation or function of components